TRCA Neighborhood News: School Board Election Events

jagchad at comcast.net jagchad at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 21:43:21 CDT 2008

TRCA Friends and Neighbors:

As you may know, Alexandria will hold a special school board election on Aug. 12 to fill the seat vacated when Claire Eberwein stepped down.  Please read below about several events related to this election.  If anyone would like to let TRCA know of additional, similar events, please email me at jagchad at comcast.net so that I can relay the information via this listserv.  (Our notices will include only basic details like date, time, location, the featured candidate, etc.)  We hope you're having a great summer!

Chad Sarchio
President, TRCA

**

The Alexandria PTA Council (PTAC) will host a school board forum on Thursday, July 31, 2008, 7 p.m., at T.C. Williams High School.  The forum - which will include four candidates vying for the slot that was vacated by former School Board Chair Claire Eberwein - is open to the public.  In addition to opening and closing statements, each candidate will receive opportunities to answer questions of importance to the PTA community.  The four participating candidates are John Leary, Bernie Schultz, Elynn Simons and Marc Williams.  For more information about this event, please contact Tina Games-Evans, PTAC Director of Communications, at TGEvans8 at aol.com or 703-402-2226.

**
There is a meet and greet for school board candidate Elynn Simons this Sunday, July 27, at 7 p.m., at the home of Mary and Peter Newbould, 506 Robinson Court.  Please RSVP via email to newbould at comcast.net, or call 703-548-6517.  Anyone who would like to attend is welcome.

**

There is a neighborhood happy hour on Friday, Aug. 1, 5-7 p.m., at the home of Patty and Ryan Donmoyer, 622 Putnam Place, 22302, for the TRCA /MacArthur community to meet school board candidate John Leary.  Co-hosts are Mary Beth Buchholz & Jeff Lane and Christina & J.D. Lytle.  Children are welcome.  Rain date is Sunday, Aug. 3, 5-7 p.m.  For more information or to RSVP, e-mail Patty Donmoyer at pdonmoyer at aol.com.  Drop-ins welcome.