TRCA Neighborhood News: Sad News: Ellen Pickering

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 10:04:41 CDT 2008

A longtime member of our Association, Ellen Pickering died last week after a difficult struggle with cancer.  Ellen was an active member of our Association and served on the Board for many years.  As a board member she was our representative to the Alexandria Federation of Civic Associations and helped keep watch at the city’s Planning and Zoning meetings for development issues that could affect our neighborhood.  Additionally Ellen’s experience as an elected City Council Member brought us great insight.  At the annual fall picnics, Ellen would typically be the sign-in desk greeting our neighbors.

For her obituary and information on the funeral and wake please go to:

http://www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=108589042