TRCA Neighborhood News: Reminder: General Meeting & Elections Wed, 21 Mar 7:30pm Masonic Mem.

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 16:19:43 CDT 2007

Reminder: General Meeting & Elections Wed, 21 Mar
7:30pm Masonic Mem.

Hello All,

Please make sure to attend our General Meeting this
Wednesday at the Masonic Memorial.  These General
Meetings are only held twice a year so please make an
effort to attend.  It is also your chance to bring up
issues that we can address as a neighborhood
community.

- Everyone is Welcome.
- Bring your Annual Membership: $10 per household

Due to a schedule conflict, our VA Delegate, David
Englin cannot give us his Richmond update.  But the
rest of the meeting is as follows:

1.  ELECTION OF TRCA OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

We still need volunteers as Executive Committee
Directors
--> No experience required
--> Learn how to work with the city to get things done
for the neighborhood
--> Work with neighbors in your community
Please contact me if you’re interested in joining the
Executive Committee.  Send an email to
jrcolehound at yahoo.com

2. PRESENTATIONS IMPROVING TAYLOR RUN’S PEDESTRIAN
ACCESSIBILITY

City programs to make Taylor Run more Walkable and
Bicycle Friendly i.e. filling in the missing
sidewalks, painting crosswalks and making bike paths
through our neighborhood.  Specifically, the
Pedestrian  & Bicycle Program, Pedestrian & Bicycle
Mobility Plan and  Safe Routes to School.  By Yon
Lambert, the City’s Pedestrian and Bicycle Program
Coordinator, 703.838.4966,
yon.lambert at alexandriava.gov

3.  PREPARING NOW FOR MOSQUITO SEASON THE CITY’S AND
TRCA’S PLANS

What is the neighborhood’s plan to beat back these
bugs? How is the city helping us?  How can we get rid
of the Culex mosquito the West Nile Virus carrier!!
Learn how to reduce your risk of getting West Nile
Virus.  By Holly Feltner & Patricia Ferrao,
Environmental Health Biologists  (703) 838-4400 EXT.
326 ; holly.feltner at vdh.virginia.gov