[SDR] when to meet --- Re: NO MEETING TONIGHT

fmspinne at rockwellcollins.com fmspinne at rockwellcollins.com
Tue May 10 14:37:35 CDT 2011

Since the Technician class is over for the kids (who aren't ready to take
the test in May-- but that is more my fault than theirs.. hopefully at
least one will take the test and pass before summer is up!).. Thursdays
will work out okay going on for me.

Getting FLDIGI to work is farther than I've gotten.  I tried Angstrom and
the audio is hopelessly broken on that distro unless you build it yourself
from scratch.  I've not had the time.
I've not even had the time to hook up the TL-922A I bought yet.. and it'll
get used before the BB-xm does again!  :O)

Once Ubuntu has a version with a properly patched Kernel that runs the
OMAP at full speed, I think I know what I'm going to use....

So are you trying DTTSP for the softrock, or what are you using?

Jeremiah Wolf (at Rockwell 295-2207) called me last night about the
BeagleBoard project.. has anyone talked with him today or added him to
this list?

Fred

grlind at rockwellcollins.com
Sent by: sdr-bounces+fmspinne=rockwellcollins.com at rf.org
05/10/2011 02:17 PM

sdr at rf.org
cc

Subject
[SDR] when to meet --- Re:  NO MEETING TONIGHT

option "A"   1x weekly for 2 hours --- I think we need about 2 hours to
hash things out.. we can cut back time and frequency as we get going...

I would like to suggest Tuesdays but based on current attendance it is not
working - I think Thursday would be a good second in my case.

Preference:
1. A
2. B
3. C

Just a note we have a Linux Distro of Ubunto on a BeagelBoard  running
FLDIGI.  We have a Softrock hopefully have it receive  HF this week.
Cameron had to play around with sound mixer and audio settings to make
this work... It  is decoding a recorded wave file of a PSK31 QSO.

Gregg

Barry Buelow <barry.buelow at gmail.com>
Sent by: sdr-bounces+grlind=rockwellcollins.com at rf.org
05/10/2011 12:37 PM

sdr at rf.org
cc

Subject
[SDR] NO MEETING TONIGHT

Folks,

The regular Tuesday night meeting isn't drawing a crowd.  I thought this
was a convenient time when the weather was bad/poor.  The CLC conflict
didn't help attendance either.  Now that summer has finally arrived,
everyone will want to be out the door in a hurry.

While I'd prefer the pace of a weekly meeting, at least until some key
technical decisions are made, I'm not sure there is sufficient interest to
continue.

I propose the following meeting options:

A.  Continue weekly 5pm meeting (something other than Tuesday)  If you
vote for this, select a preferred day of the week.

B.  Every _other_ week, 5pm, suggest a weekday

C.  Monthly, 7-9pm.  Day tbd

D.  Lunch hour meeting.  This is difficult as some folks will have to
drive.  If we rotate location, people loose track.  Maybe we could do
Netmeeting.

Please reply with 2 or 3 preferences in order of preference:
1.  (most desired)
2.
3.

I know there continue to be informal hallway discussions, while these are
good, they aren't getting widespread visbility.  Also, many rehash "good
ideas" with NO supporting analyses.  This doesn't count as progress.

We need to achieve critical mass soon, or CARC SDR is just going to fade
away (and I'll blame it on D*)

Barry