[SDR] Meeting minutes 2011-04-26

cwsnodgr at rockwellcollins.com cwsnodgr at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Apr 27 14:03:43 CDT 2011

no more CLC meetings until Sept

bjbuelow at rockwellcollins.com
Sent by: sdr-bounces+cwsnodgr=rockwellcollins.com at rf.org
04/27/2011 01:49 PM

Barry Buelow <barry.buelow at gmail.com>
cc
sdr at rf.org, sdr-bounces+bjbuelow=rockwellcollins.com at rf.org
Subject
[SDR] Meeting minutes 2011-04-26

We barely had a quorum Tuesday.  Another conflict with the CLC.  They need
to change their meeting night.  Alternatively, we could pick a different
time for the SDR meeting.  If you have a suggestion, please make it to the
list.  It was suggested that maybe noon hour was better, but getting
started and ending on time become more of an issue.

Greg passed out another few pages from F4DAN
http://f4dan.free.fr/sdr_class_eng.html    This is the magic decoder ring
to the material he discussed last week.

We discussed splitting the SDR development into two parts:
- sampling
- rf

We are letting each area strongly influence the other.  If a sampling
method can be determined, real work can be started on that topic.  The
goal being the determination of:
- a sampling rate
- determination of beagle IO bandwidth limitations
- FPGA requirements dictated by rate and bw

Once sampling is defined, then the rf folks can determine a conversion
scheme.

No revelations here, just trying to focus on the sampling issue.

We talked about who else might be a good addition to the project and a few
names were suggested.  Chris Beamlander next target.  If you know/see
Chris, "encourage him" to participate.
Any other names???

Hope to see more of  you next week.

Sdr mailing list