[Sdr] repeating of Greg's email

Barry Buelow barry.buelow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:35:37 CDT 2011

This is just to get this included in the message archive.

The above link gives a good breakdown on the various types of SDR in the
market currently and he has broken it down based on types of SDR - and I
think this would be another good source of what the SDR type are we
interested in... there are only so many ways/methods to do this and I think
this list is complete...

http://f4dan.free.fr/sdr_eng.html

The next link- it is above my understanding -- the reason I point this out
is that I thought the Figures for example figure 1.1 describe conceptual
blocks and provided a good top level design guide what are the major
functions and features that need to be considered...

http://descanso.jpl.nasa.gov/Monograph/series9/Descanso9_Full_rev2.pdf

I think for the beagle if this works I think the XM is what we should
consider

http://beagle.s3.amazonaws.com/design/xM-A/BB_xM_SRM_A2_01.pdf

Phil covington says that all his "designs" are open source?

http://www.philcovington.com/SDR.html

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/NetSDR.html I like this solution something to
consider... I like the idea it is "network ready" and remoteable....

Gregg Lind

319-295-0008 (work)

319-431-7235 (cell)

grlind at rockwellcollins.com