[Sdr] New SDR List

Barry Buelow barry.buelow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:33:38 CDT 2011

My fellow SDR enthusiast,

Welcome to the new SDR email reflector.

Tue after work we had the first meeting of the unofficial SDR group.  There
are no by-laws, officers, dues.  This should eliminate all impediments to
real progress!

1.  There is sufficient interest to continue.

2.  We discussed several possible topologies.  The web page that Greg
provided has links to many pages, some of which were explored - lightly.

3.  The general idea is to evaluate several different designs, explore
some parts for cost, availability,etc.  With the idea being we can produce a
radio for a $ considerably less than the street price of existing units.  no
specific tasks assigned.

4.  There are several considerations regarding CARC and TI, which will be
ignored for the time being.  Further discussion is deprecated.

5.  Folks thought that to keep this moving, we ought to meet weekly.  I will
setup a Notes meeting and reserve a conf room. The standard meeting location
will be 112, although I will move us to the SOUTH conf room.  Just walk past
the room we were in Tue and contineu to the SE corner of 112.

6. I failed to mention at our meeting that I wanted to start an email list.
Ron set this up and I've added a few members (without their permission).
Contact me if you want to be removed.

Next meeting Tue 5:00pm in 112.

Thanks for contributing to this noble effort.

barry
general catalyst - not providing thermally enhanced hydrocarbon oxidation
for a change