TRCA Neighborhood News (no subject)

Domain Admin rdelgado at taylorrunalexandria.com
Fri May 15 09:53:18 CDT 2009

Dear Friends and Neighbors:

Hope all is well.

A few items…

Earth Day Event

The TRCA Earth Day event at Angel Park was a success.  This annual event,
combined with our weekly park clean-up efforts (see volunteer opportunity
below) have made a significant and visible impact over the years.  We
appreciate the efforts of all who have participated in making this important
event an ongoing success.

Kindly note that we are aware of debris (wood piles, etc.) from our clean-up
efforts that have not been addressed by City services.  Our understanding is
that debris will be removed next week as some of the larger items require a
dump truck and chipper to complete the debris removal.

Volunteer Opportunity

As you may be aware, every year from April 1st through November 30th, TRCA
volunteers participate in weekly park clean-ups of Angel Park and Chinquapin
Park every Sunday afternoon.  See www.taylorrunalexandra.com for additional
information.

This is a great program that not only contributes to the well being and
beatification of our community, but also provides TRCA with operating
revenue that is used to fund other TRCA activities.

Volunteer opportunities are available.   We really hope you can find time to
help one of these weekends.  Erin Streeter is heading up the effort this
year. Please contact Erin at israelfamily2006 at yahoo.com  with your name,
contact information, dates, and which park(s) you are interested in and
we’ll put you on the calendar.

Moncure Drive Yard Sale

Residents along Moncure drive are hosting a yard sale this Saturday, May 16,
2009, from 8a to 12p.  Items for sale include clothing for adults, infants
and children, furniture, treadmill, toys, window treatments, books, vases,
dishes, curtains and a host of miscellaneous items.  Cross streets
include Upland & Moncure Drive or Duke & Moncure Drive, Alexandria, VA
22314<http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS311US311&sourceid=chrome&q=Duke%20%26%20Moncure%20Drive,%20Alexandria,%20VA%2022314&safe=on&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl>
.

Sewer Rehabilitation

Am-Liner East Inc., with whom the City has contracted, is continuing work to
rehabilitate the sewers along Taylor Run.   If you have any questions about
this project or how it may impact you, please contact Larry Coningsby
Project Manager Am-Liner East Inc, at 703-898-7773.

TRCA Blog

Please note that we are trying to keep the emails to a minimum.  As part of
that effort, we recently started a blog that allows the TRCA to post timely
and relevant information without overloading email inboxes.  In addition,
the blog allows members to post comments and contribute to what we hope is a
constructive dialogue.  Please check out the blog at
www.taylorrunalexandria.com/blog .

We look forward to serving you this upcoming year and meeting all of you at
future events (see the TRCA Events Calendar
here<http://www.taylorrunalexandria.com/blog/?page_id=69> ).
As always, please feel free to contact me, or any members of the Executive
Committee, at any time with your comments, questions, concerns, or
suggestions.

All our best,

Robert W. Delgado
rdelgado at taylorrunalexandria.com