TRCA Neighborhood News: A Number (3) of Things

jagchad at comcast.net jagchad at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 10:45:21 CDT 2009

TRCA Friends & Neighbors:

Just a couple of notes and reminders about important upcoming neighborhood events:

1) We sincerely hope to see you this Wednedsay at 7:30 pm at the GW Masonic Memorial for this year's TRCA Spring meeting and election night.

Along with electing TRCA's 2009-10 Officers and other Executive Committee (EC) members, we will hear from Delegate David Englin and Councilman Rob Krupicka about the outlook for our City and Commonwealth economies . This will include updates on the recently-concluded General Assembly session, a revised VA budget that seeks to close our $3.7-billion revenue shortfall, and ongoing efforts to reprioritize and maximize the efficiency of the City's budget.

Delegate Englin also will share information on some of his legislative initiatives, including the Middle Class and Small Business Tax Relief Act, the Renewable Energy Job Creation Tax Credit, and bills to address cyberbullying, unfunded mandates, and election reform.

Most importantly, our representatives look forward to fielding your questions and hearing your ideas and concerns.

2) Please set aside to come out and join us for the joint TRCA/CCPCA Earth Day event and "Spring cleaning" at Angel Park on April 25 from 9:00 am - noon . We can use your help collecting litter, clearing underbrush, and unclogging Taylor Run. It's good, clean fun! More details will follow as we draw closer to Earth Day.

3) We have been contacted by Am-Liner East Inc., with whom the City has contracted to rehabilitate the sewers along Taylor Run. Am-Liner recently secured the plans, approvals, permit and schedules necessary to begin working this week. (You may have noticed some preparation work already underway near the Recreation Center.) Please see the attached notice for this work. If you have any questions about this or how it may impact you, please call the Am-Liner project manager, who is available at the following number at all times:

Larry Coningsby
Project Manager
Am-Liner East Inc.
703-898-7773

Please also feel free to contact me or another EC member with any question you may have about the foregoing issues. As always, your EC appreciates your consideration and support, and we look forward to seeing you Wed. night!

--
Chad Sarchio