TRCA Neighborhood News: Invitation, Etc.

jagchad at comcast.net jagchad at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 20:33:42 CST 2009

TRCA Friends & Neighbors:

Our neighbors in the Clover-College Park Civic Association (CCPCA) have kindly invited us to a crime prevention talk by members of the Alexandria Police Department that they are sponsoring next weekend. This presentation likely will reiterate what we heard from our patrol officers at the last TRCA-wide meeting, but certainly will complement those remarks nicely. The attached flier contains event details.

Please consider attending to learn more about this always important neighborhood issue, and feel free to offer warm thanks to CCPCA President John Irvine for thinking of us. We're aiming to explore more ways to join forces with our CCPCA friends in the future.

Also, by way of brief update, your Executive Committee members are hard at work planning this year's Earth Day events; the upcoming TRCA Spring general meeting (featuring a proposed, long-overdue "freshening" of the TRCA constitution aimed at making our operations and activities nimbler, as well as government representatives speaking about current budgetary challenges); and a Spring newsletter covering all this and more.

By the way, if you have not visited the updated TRCA website (www.taylorrunalexandria.com) recently, give it a try. Its marked improvements include the ability to pay your annual dues online: this couldn't be easier, aids our administration of the official rolls, and simplifies your registration to vote at the Spring election meeting.

So, we trust that this finds you well, eagerly anticipate the neighborly fellowship that the coming warmer weather encourages, and look forward to seeing you at these events. All our best--

--
Chad Sarchio
President, TRCA