TRCA Neighborhood News: CCPCA Sidewalk Effort

jagchad at comcast.net jagchad at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 15:24:27 CST 2008

TRCA Friends & Neighbors--

I hope this note finds you happy, healthy and not too chilly as we enter the holiday season.

Those who attended TRCA's Fall general meeting may recall that John Irvine -- the President of the Clover-College Park Civic Association -- presented us with an opportunity to help convince the City to put a sidewalk in on Cambridge Road, primarily in aid of pedestrians commuting to MacArthur Elementary School. Our members/attendees voted at that time to support this effort so critical to the safety of CCPCA's and TRCA's children, caregivers, and parents by way of letter or other advocacy. TRCA sent the City such a letter of support, which I presented at a CCPCA meeting.

As you will see from John's email below, the City is now poised to install a sidewalk along Cambridge that will keep pedestrians out of harm's way without damaging existing private property and greenery. Vehicular traffic should also suffer no appreciable harm or inconvenience. This represents a victory for all of us, but we owe a special debt of gratitude to John and CCPCA for their leadership and persistence. Thank you CCPCA!

Best regards--

--
Chad Sarchio
President, TRCA