TRCA Neighborhood News: Disturbing Burglary in Taylor Run Neighborhood: Robinson Court

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 17:15:14 CDT 2007

The burglar escaped out the back door and perhaps had
an escape vehicle on Lamond, Robinson Court, or East
Taylor Run.  If you heard or saw anything, please
report it to the police. Read the message below from
Peter Newbould, the former President of our
Association:

Dear Neighbors:  You need to know that a disturbing
incident occured last night in our home.  Mary and I
were awakened at 2:25 AM to the sound of Caroline
screaming from downstairs.  Mary saw an intruder
struggling downstairs with Caroline. As Caroline
broke free, we retreated into our upper bedroom to
call the police. When the police arrived 10 minutes
later the intruder had disappeared out the back
door.  Caroline is shaken up but not seriously hurt.

Police see this as an unusual incident for a night
burglary of an occupied house but have no leads.
The police report is below. Lock your doors.   Peter
 _______________________________

ALEXANDRIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Monday, September 10, 2007

BURGLARY:

500 block of Robinson Court. 9/10 at 2:25 A.M.  The
victim, a 22 year-old Alexandria woman, reports that
an unknown suspect accosted her inside her home.
The victim was able to break free from the suspect
and run to where other family members were sleeping.
The suspect fled, removing cash, personal property and

electronic items.  A search of the area by K-9 and
helicopter proved negative.
The suspect is described as a black male in his
early 20's, 5'09" to 5'10", 160 to 170 lbs.  He had
short, wavy hair, a dark complexion and was
clean-shaven.  His shirt and pants were both black.

For further crime information, go to

http://alexandriava.gov/police/crime_reports/reporter.php