TRCA Neighborhood News: Burglaries in our Area

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 13:46:00 CDT 2007

BE ON THE LOOKOUT - ALEXANDRIA POLICE ARE ASKING THAT
CITIZENS REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY TO
THE NON-EMERGENCY NUMBER OF ALEXANDRIA POLICE

703/838-4444

FROM ALEXANDRIA POLICE:

There appear to be at least 11 residential burglary
cases in the City’s central area dating back to April
that have similar characteristics. Only two of the
eleven have occurred in the Clover-College Park Civic
area. It is unknown if all of these cases are related.
 The suspect(s) has gained entry by breaking windows
and kicking in doors near the rear of the residences.
Once inside, various items have been taken including
cash and jewelry.  A location on Roberts Lane has been
burglarized twice.  In the Roberts Lane cases, entry
was gained both times by breaking a kitchen window.

In some of the cases, there was evidence that the
suspect ate food and used the bathroom.  There was
also a suspicious subject seen by a couple witnesses
near one of the burglary sites.  The subject is
described as B/M with a ruddy complexion, 30-45 yoa,
5’4”-5’8”, 160-180 lbs (stocky), wearing a dark hat, a
dark coat, baggy blue jeans, leather gloves, and
carrying a large duffle bag.  On witness described the
suspect as looking “homeless”.
Mondays have produced 4 offenses while Thursdays and
Fridays have 2 offenses.  These incidents are
occurring during the daylight hours while the victims
are away from the home.
Please do not take the viewpoint that all of these
cases are connected. We may be dealing with two or
three separate burglars operating independently. Some
of the cases show more relationships than others.
Please do not get fixated on the provided suspicious
person description. It may be related, it may not.
You know your neighborhood and what is suspicious and
what is not.
Report anything out of the ordinary immediately. We do
not mind checking it out.

One question of interest is did anyone contract with
or have roof work done on their house between April
and now?