TRCA Neighborhood News: Volunteers Needed: Adopt a Park

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 21:14:36 CDT 2007

Hello all, here's a message from our Adopt a Park
Coordinators Susan Miranda and Gail Turner:

It is that time of year again. The Taylor Run Civic
Association needs your help with the Angel Park and
Chinquapin Park Clean-up. We really hope you can find
a weekend that you can help.  This is a great program
that helps keep our neighborhood parks clean and is
very important to the Taylor Run Civic Association as
this is one of the ways our association makes revenue.
We have contracted with the city to support our
community by cleaning both Angel Park and Chinquapin
Park . In return, the association receives revenue for
our clean up efforts, which goes toward supporting our
neighborhood and community.  For the 2006 Season we
raised $1860 for keeping out parks clean.

Gail Turner and I are heading up the effort this year.
Thanks Gail for jumping in. Please e-mail, me at
themirandas at verizon.net to let me know what dates and
which park you are interested in. Please include your
name, phone number. We will also try to send out
reminder e-mails when your date to clean-up is
approaching. (Please see the list of dates below.)

Our Responsibility:

>From April 1 through November 30th volunteers tour
their assigned park to pick up any trash (glass, cans,
bottles, paper, etc.) from the weekend’s events and
dispose of it properly in a park trash can. It is best
to bring along a large trash bag and some gloves.
Also, it is also best to do this late in the day on
Sunday (around 6:00 pm) so that visitors to the park
later in the day don't leave trash after you have
already cleaned up.

City Action:

On Monday mornings, the city will conduct inspections
to ensure that we have fulfilled our maintenance
obligations. We are rated on our performance and our
payment is based upon this rating.

Angel Park:

The territory to be patrolled is bordered on the north
by Taylor Run Creek, on the South by the resident on
West Taylor Run Parkway , on the east by Taylor Run
Creek and on the West by the gutter of West Taylor Run
Parkway (the street). This includes the playground,
ball court and ball field.

Chinquapin Park:

The territory to be patrolled is bordered on the north
by the bike trail and the community center, on the
south by the gutter on Chinquapin Drive , on the east
by the gutter on Chinquapin Drive and on the west by
the gutter on Chinquapin Drive . Basically, the inside
circle of land inside Chinquapin Drive . Also, include
the picnic pavilion and the playground area.

If you have any questions, please contact us. We are
so happy that you are supporting our neighborhood to
help keep it clean and beautiful.  If you know of any
other friends or neighbors that would also be
interested in helping, please pass on this
information.  Thank you!

Gail and Susan

DATE		 ANGEL PARK	 CHINQUAPIN PARK

Sunday, April 2
Sunday, April 9
Sunday, April 16
Sunday, April 23
Sunday, April 29
Sunday, May 6
Sunday, May 13	Susan Miranda	Gail Turner
Sunday, May 20
Sunday, May 27
Sunday, June 3
Sunday June 10