TRCA Neighborhood News: Attn: East Taylor Run Residents: Flood Damage to TRCA Homes & Businesses

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 13:37:04 CDT 2006

The recent heavy rains inflicted damage to several
homes and businesses in our neighborhood.  Especially
hard hit were the homes at the southern end of Angel
park, where the Taylor Run creek overflowed.  Based on
the debris left at the high water mark at the southern
end of Angel park, the creek was about 6 feet above
its typical levels.  Additionally some neighbors along
East Taylor Run reported sewer water entering their
basements through the floor drains.

We have asked the city to come out to our neighborhood
to:

1. Survey the drainage system along the ETR and 2600
Duke
2. Determine the cause of this flooding.
3. Provide us with a near and long term solution to
prevent this from occurring again.

ATTN: EAST/ WEST TAYLOR RUN DUKE STREET RESIDENTS:  If
your house flooded during the late June, early July
rains, please contact David Sterling of 52 East Taylor
Run.  We need your name, email address, home address,
and phone number. We also need your estimate for the
cause of the flooding to your home:  A) sewer backup
(water coming up from your basement floor drains) or
B) surface water or creek water/ surface (coming in
through your window or basement walkout wells) or C)
both A & B.

Please send your information via email to David
Sterling at the following address:
dsterling68 at gmail.com