TRCA Neighborhood News: TRCA Scholarship Awarded to Neighborhood Resident

Randy Cole jrcolehound at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 15:49:09 CDT 2006

Hello All,

As you may know in 2004 the TRCA created a named
scholarship that is awarded to a High School graduate
that resides in our geographic area of the City.  TRCA
is only one of four civic associations that sponsors a
scholarship, traditionally funded at about $1K/ year.
Again in 2006 TRCA funded a $1K scholarship for a
deserving graduate of our neighborhood.

The scholarship is set up through the Scholarship Fund
of Alexandria (SFA), a 501(c)(3) foundation that
awards scholarships to over 200 college-bound
graduates of T.C. Williams High School.  The SFA
selection committee reviews all applications and
determines a deserving recipient based on criteria
provided by the scholarship sponsors, effectively
making the selection 'blind' to the sponsors. See
http://www.alexscholarshipfund.org/ for more
information.

This year the SFA selected Ms Kathleen Newbould of
Robinson Court.

Congratulations Kathleen !