[SDR] Tayloe

Barry Buelow barry.buelow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:22:33 CDT 2011

Al

We've only had one meeting and it was just to determine if there was
interest. YES
Other than that, we talked about some objectives like performance and
cost.  Other than ruling out a few things, nothing has been decided:

No to using the beagle audio IO for the sampling.  They may be used for
speaker and mic.
No to 0 IF schemes

There is a practical limitation on the serial IO between beagle and any
board we may build.  I recall that might be in the 30MHz range and
taking 2 15 bit samples (I/Q) 30MHz/30bits = 1M sample limit.  Whether
this is a 1 MHz A/D or something faster with an FPGA to filter/DDC to
1MHz is  a very big TBD.  This is all speculation and tire kicking,
there is no analysis to support these numbers.

Fred's discussion today is attempting to determine if there is a
significant cost advantage or performance advantage to one method or the
other.

Now you're up to speed

Barry