TRCA Neighborhood News: City Council Elections Forum Notice

jagchad at comcast.net jagchad at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 19:14:18 CDT 2009

TRCA Friends & Neighbors:

Below you will find information about upcoming candidates' forums relating to the City Council elections scheduled for May 5.

These were agreed upon by both political parties and are the official events at which citizens can hear from the candidates via questions and answers. As you may know, two independent candidates have joined the race in addition to the Democratic and Republican candidates, so this may present your best opportunity to learn about them. Feel free to attend any one or more of the following:

March 18 – Center City Forum – Minnie Howard TC Williams Campus – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

March 26 – Social Issues/Non-Profit Organizations – Minnie Howard TC Williams Campus – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

April 2 – Business Issues Form – The Westin Alexandria, Carlyle Center – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

April 16 – West End City Forum – Francis Hammond Middle School – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

April 22 – East End City Forum – George Washington Middle School – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Hope you find the time to visit with the candidates, and with your fellow TRCA members at the Spring General Membership meeting on April 1, at 7:30 PM, at the GW Masonic Memorial . We will hold our own annual elections then. See you there! Best--

--
Chad Sarchio
President, TRCA